Thursday, March 21, 2013

My honey is so supportive and sweet

Last night I got really sad thinking about all the information from the doctor. Keith saw that I was really sad and so he offered to write an email to the doctor so that I didn't have to do it myself. I felt really supported when he did that for me. Here's what he wrote. 

Hi Dr. Malik, 
I was writing for Kelly because she had some questions after the MRI and talking with the doctors today.  It sounds like they might have found something in the other breast that they thought could be cancer, this has her more worried than when we first saw you.  Her biggest concern is about chemotherapy.  In our first meeting the timeline went from surgery, to radiation, and then only if deemed necessary to chemotherapy.  Now she understands chemotherapy might begin before radiation.  She is worried that something has changed and there is a high chance that she will have chemotherapy.  Here are the questions relating to chemotherapy:
1.       Are you thinking of starting chemo for Kelly and skipping the radiation (or having radiation at a later date)?
2.       Is there new info that will change the timeline for making the decision to start chemo?
3.       Do you have info that will let you estimate of the chances of Kelly needing chemo?
Thanks for taking the time to explain all of the details of the process during our first visit.  It was nice not to feel rushed and all the other staff was very organized and made Kelly feel like she was in good hands. 
Thanks,
Keith and Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment